Hosts Cheryl Peng and AnneMarie Lorenzini invite you to join them for theUntamedpodcast! A show dedicated to empowering lash artists. In this very first episode, Cheryl and AnneMarie share with you the top categories of education that are important to prioritize besides your lash technique and which are not promoted very well in the lash industry.
Cheryl is the Founder and CEO ofUntamed Artistry. She built her themed artistry business into a seven-figure brand in less than a year, and did it in a pandemic no less. AnneMarie, an experienced lash stylist, boasts a background in the business side of beauty.
They urge lash artists to consider their education as an investment for their businesses. In this episode, they discuss:
- As a lash artist-entrepreneur, the importance of understanding the numbers and how this helps build a strong foundation.
Recommended business books. These includeProfit First, which is about how to set up your business and bank accounts and how to make your business profitable.The E-Myth Revisited is another eye-opener that explains business success, andHello, My Name Is Awesome is a super short read about how to name your business.
- Learning resources for the lash industry. Skillshare, for example, offers mostly creative learning courses, but also a few business courses like accounting and bookkeeping.
- Lash artists are always their own photographers and content creators; where to learn more about photography and editing so that your shots attract more eyeballs for marketing purposes.
- Finding a mentor who you are comfortable sharing with; it doesn't have to be in conventional form; it can even be podcast guests.
- Why marketing is critical for business, and how to learn the fundamentals to grow to a place where you enjoy a comfortable clientele. How storytelling, SEO, and referral programs can boost marketing efforts.
- Why you should learn more about customer service.
- Improving skill by self-education (really just watching YouTube videos). If you want to know how to do something, take your curiosity to YouTube.
- Making learning a priority and scheduling it into your calendar.
All of these things are going to generate more revenue in your business and bring in more clients.
This episode is brought to you by Untamed Artistry
Untamed Artistry is your one-stop lash biz shop: combining helpful knowledge and amazing eyelash extension products (hand-tested in our lash nerd lab). We want to make you successful by giving you high-quality products and showing you what you need to use them well. Find great products, all the education you could ever want, and a healthy dose of quirk atuntamedartistry.com