In this episode, AnneMarie welcomes Lana Wyer, Owner and Founder of LuxUncut. Lana started in the beauty industry at the age of 16. As a creative and entrepreneur, college was not in the cards for Lana, so she secretly dropped out to focus on her lash business. A year later she was fully booked and fielding requests for training in her methods. After several setbacks, Lana moved to the UK to try her hand at the lash business there. Upon recently returning to the U.S, Lana’s current focus is on social media, content creation, and education. We hear a little tease about her upcoming projects and dig deeper into Lana’s guidelines for branding yourself and your business.
Expect to hear:
- About Lana and her path - art, beauty, and community service
- Lana’s move to the UK
- The setbacks - Lana saw rejection as “redirection” - building from a new foundation
- New goals and directions - no more hustle culture and now focusing on the positive
- Social media and content creation is part of Lana’s new focus
- Advice for developing your brand – get to know yourself and what you love foremost
- Branding words and concepts - how Lana takes those to brainstorm a brand
- The outlook for the next year - discipline and purpose, not motivation, keeps her going
- Starting young - a level of ignorance and feeling of invincibility
- What Lana wishes she knew then - surrounding herself with knowledge and mentors would have prevented many missteps
- Keeping focus on yourself and your strengths - affirmations help, keep it healthy, rewire to be inspired!
- Advice to young lash artists - you’ve made the right decision to join a rapidly growing industry, focus on your uniqueness!
Start with Why by Simon Sinek Book
Connect with Lana:
Lana on Instagram
Ebook and Online Course
Connect with Cheryl and AnneMarie:
Cheryl Peng LinkedIn
AnneMarie Lorenzini LinkedIn
Untamed Artistry Website