In this episode ofUntamed byUntamed Artistry, Cheryl Peng, Founder and CEO at Untamed Artistry, and AnneMarie Lorenzini, Managing Director at Untamed Artistry, discuss the difference between working in your business versus working on your business.
It’s important to know the difference because while we like to think it’s our lash artistry that brings our clients back, that is only part of it. The truth is that it’s the whole experience that makes our clients return.
- The difference between working in your business vs working on your business. For example, working in your business would be doing the actual lashing for clients, while working on your business means doing strategic things to grow your business, or improve it.
- How to allocate and schedule time to work on your business.
- Tips for outsourcing and delegation, how lash artists can afford this, as well as what should be outsourced, and why.
- What makes it difficult for so many small business owners to set time apart to work on their business (hint: it’s a mindset).
- The real ROI of setting time aside to work on your business even when you can’t see the immediate benefits. Tip! It helps to understand your ultimate end goal because this will keep you motivated to keep setting aside time to work on your strategy.
- How to achieve your strategic goals.
- Systems and processes for lash artists and salon owners, and how taking the time to invest in your cycle of service today will save you time in the future.
- What makes a service experience memorable, so that your clients keep coming back.
This episode is brought to you by Untamed Artistry
Untamed Artistry is your one-stop lash biz shop: combining helpful knowledge and amazing eyelash extension products (hand-tested in our lash nerd lab). We want to make you successful by giving you high-quality products and showing you what you need to use them well. Find great products, all the education you could ever want, and a healthy dose of quirk atuntamedartistry.com