In this episode, AnneMarie talks with Wednesday Wood, Owner and Lash Artist at Wicked Esthetics Lash and Brow Studio near Houston. This is the second part to their conversation with part one on Wednesday’s podcast ‘The Wicked Lash’ so be sure to check that episode out (link below). In this episode, you’ll hear Wednesday’s wins and challenging experiences as a salon owner who also rents booths to other artists. From the benefits of a steady stream of revenue to the risk of those renters taking their clients and leaving, her marketing and advertising tactics, and other great advice, Wednesday tells us how she has handled many different challenging situations while still coming out on top.
Expect to hear:
- Wednesday’s path to becoming a lash salon owner and artist
- Which to pick- booth renting vs employee vs. owning a salon?
- Advice on setting up both renting booths, employee structures, and owning a lash business
- How to manage lash artists that have potential, but don’t have the drive to level up
- Wednesday has rented and owned, shares her likes and dislikes, advice to others regarding large corporate chains
- The balance of giving to your employees, training them, and the risk of them leaving
- Non-compete agreements and contracts vs. holding someone’s career back - it’s about mutual respect between professionals
- Price point levels, salons vs homes, and the different types of clients – there is a structure for everyone’s preference
- Wednesday’s best branding tips - remember YOU are your business, be authentic
- How to attract new clients – Engagement through Facebook ads, be sure to set up all your Google info – hours, location, photos, etc., and get a website!
- Vagaro salon software for booking, rebooking, feedback and follow-ups
- Words of advice that Wednesday wishes she had received
Connect with Wednesday:
Wednesday on Instagram
Wicked Esthetics Website
The Wicked Lash Podcast
Wednesday Wood on LinkedIn
Connect with Cheryl and AnneMarie:
Cheryl Peng LinkedIn
AnneMarie Lorenzini LinkedIn
Untamed Artistry Website